Friday, February 28, 2014

Pumpkin Pancakes

I LOVE these things so much!  I pick them up and eat them out of my hand without anything on them. They are sweet but not syrupy sweet. The kids love them too! I like them hot, cold, room temperature... They are great to make extra and refrigerate or freeze. 


Pumpkin Pancakes

1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (I use half allspice/ half nutmeg)
1/8 tsp cinnamon
Dash salt
2 tbs sugar
1 tbs honey
1 tbs molasses 
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1 tbs canola oil
1/2 tsp vanillas
1/3 cup canned pumpkin
1/3 cup yogurt
Powdered sugar (optional for garnish)

Mix everything well and make small pancakes over medium-low heat. I tap the pan once or twice to get the batter to spread. Wait until you see bubbles throughout and flip. When the inside doesnt feel squishy anymore femove from heat. Garnish with powered sugar if you would like. This is a very moist, dense batter and needs to be cooked slowly over lower heat. No need for syrup!




No comments:

Post a Comment