Sunday, February 16, 2014

Roasted Garlic - Appetizer Idea

I use roasted garlic as an appetizer either with toast, crackers, cheese, olives, etc.  This is what I had leftover from 10 bulbs of roasted garlic. I usually make a ton so that I maximize oven usage and so that I have some to keep in the fridge to cook with later. I cook mine on a pretty high temperature to give it some chewy, textured parts on each clove but if you want all of it soft lower the temperature to 350*. 

Roasted Garlic

Garlic bulbs
Olive oil
Foil

Preheat oven to 400*. Tear foil pieces into roughly 6"x6" pieces for as many bulbs of garlic you have. With the skin on cut about 1/2" off of the top of each bulb making sure that almost every clove's top is cut off. Place each bulb into the center of a piece of foil and drizzle with about 2 tsp of olive oil.  (This one is already cooked but you can see the cut here.)
Bring all four corners of the foil in and crunch together lightly sealing the garlic packet. Repeat for each bulb. 
Place the bulbs in a baking pan (just incase of leakage). Bake for about an hour. I try to bake garlic at the same time I'm roasting something else like meat or sweet potatoes so that you maximize your oven usage. Serve a few bulbs in the skins on a plate with a butter spreader or small spoon to dig the garlic out.  Eat by itself or spread on toast or crackers.


No comments:

Post a Comment