Friday, May 16, 2014

Build Your Own Wedge

We had company the other night and I wanted to do wedge salads, but didn't know what all they liked, so I did a build-your-own wedge bowl.  It has iceberg wedges, apple slices, chopped tomatoes, chopped green onion, cucumber slices, fresh bacon and blue cheese crumbles.  I served it with their choice of Ranch or Balsamic Honey Vinaigrette.   


Leftover BLT Salad
There was a good bit of stuff leftover from the salad fixings, so for dinner the next night I took all of the leftovers and mixed it with some shell pasta, mayo, salt & pepper to make my Mom's BLT salad.  My leftover version had a few extra ingredients, but the original BLT salad has shell pasta, chopped lettuce, chopped tomato, mayo, salt & pepper all mixed well and topped with bacon crumbles.  It's a little odd, but very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment