Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Cookarika Chicken

I'm sure I butchered the spelling of this dish but its to die for! 

This is what I use, but you can use a pan with a big lip and an empty, clean aluminum can and it will work just as well.
This bakeware is from NapaStyle. 

Lube up a whole chicken with olive oil, salt and pepper and stick it on the Cookarika/can contraption.  Don't be stingy with the salt and pepper!  Toss chunks of onion, broccoli, zucchini, squash and potato (if you have kids, guests or are not on Phase 1/2) with olive oil, salt and pepper.  Place seasoned veggies around base of chicken.  We like garlic so I stuff 3 or 4 whole cloves in the chicken and 5 or 6 down in the veggies.  Bake for 45 mins to 1 hour at 425* stirring once (see pictures above and below to determine how long you want to cook yours).  Toss grape tomatoes in the olive oil bowl from earlier and add to cooked chicken and veggies.  Bake an additional 15 mins.  Remove from oven and let sit 10-15 minutes.  It seriously might be one of the tastiest things I've ever put in my mouth!

The picture at the top of this post was only cooked 45 mins then the 15 additional with the tomatoes. 
These veggies were cooked the full hour at the inital bake time and then an additional 15 mins with tomatoes.  Either way it's amazing!  Thanks to my father-in-law Mike Bruner for this dish. 

2 comments:

  1. I can't find it on NapaStyle anymore but I did find this on Amazon: NapaStyle Vertical Chicken Roaster Brown Tinted with Non-Stick Interior and Exterior

    ReplyDelete