Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pistachio Turkey Patties Over Roasted Veggies With Capris Salad and Avocado



Pistachio Chicken is a South Beach recipe and the one I intended on cooking but I forgot to thaw the chicken. I had leftover raw ground turkey from my taco night so I threw in an egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and made little patties. Then, I costed them in ground pistachios. I sautéed them in olive oil to brown each side and finished them in the oven at 425* for about 5 minutes. The pistachios added a ton of flavor and great texture. 

The roasted veggies were cabbage, sweet orange peppers and an onion with olive oil, salt & pepper roasted for 45 mins at 425*.  Roast any veggies the same way. Just make sure they have room to roast and that they don't smother each other and steam. 

The next day I made a sandwich for my husband out of the leftover patties and veggies with mayo on wheat and he loved it. Not a bad combo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment