Sunday, January 12, 2014

Grilled Shrimp, Blue Cheese & Bacon Stuffed Tomatoes And Cucumber Salad


Grilled Shrimp
Large peeled shrimp
Minced garlic (fresh or McCormick preferred)
Olive oil
Salt & Pepper

Mix a couple of tablespoons of olive oil with a couple of teaspoons of minced garlic and toss with the shrimp. On a hot, prepared grill place the shrimp down one at a time. (Shrimp go directly on the grill. This is why you need large shrimp. No need to spray or brush grates with oil. The shrimp are already coated.) by the time you have all the shrimp placed it should be time to start turning them over going in order with the ones you placed first. Once you have them all flipped they should be done. They cook very quickly. Be careful not to over cook. As soon as they are pink and all of the gray is gone they are done!  Dust with salt and pepper. 
If I'm not using fresh garlic then I use this. I hate that diced stuff in water/vinegar that is everywhere. This is usually by the spices and it looks more mashed, roasted garlic than minced. There's another one like this that's with the Mexican spices. It's in the same kind of jar as this but the brand is the one with the señorita dancing on the front.  

Stuffed Tomatoes
I use Campari tomatoes and try to make two per person. Cut the tops off. Stuff with blue cheese or Parmesan and top with crumbled bacon. For this I use crumbled real bacon bits. Bake for about 20 mins at 425*
Again, if I don't have fresh and just need a little I use this. 


Cucumber Salad
Thinly sliced cucumber
Mayo (1 Tbs per cucumber) 
Dried dill 
Salt & Pepper

I love using fresh herbs but this is one that I actually preferr dried even if I have fresh available. Mix cucumber and mayo and season to taste. Refrigerate for at least 30 mins before serving. It need some time to weep. 

Sugar Snap Peas
Boil 6 mins in salted water. Drain add 1/2 Tbs butter and salt & pepper to taste. Shake pot to stir. 

No comments:

Post a Comment